Seasons Greetings! The time is upon us and I just want to toss out some last minute ideas and resources to you in the interest of greening your holiday…
- GIFT IDEAS! Support starving artists! Check out etsy.com. It’s chock full of high-quality, handmade goods. And you can narrow your search to “local” if you’re feeling extra green. Or give a KIVA Card! (you can read about WSB’s relationship with KIVA in this blog). And of course visit our school store! We stock a variety of green, socially-responsible gifts.
- USE BNOTES! Did you know Baltimore has its own local currency? When you shop at participating shops ask for your change in BNotes and use them at other participating shops. Wanna know more? …read about our green currency HERE.
- GIFT WRAPPING! Of course you are going to recycle your wrapping paper, but how about not using any? Years ago a good friend of mine wrapped all her gifts in sheets and linens, and ever since I’ve been doing the same. Give it a try! And did you know you can make a nice bow out of yarn?
- LIGHTS! You probably already have your house and tree decorated, but if you are in the market for more lights get LED ones. They’re safer, last longer, and use less electricity.
- FOOD! When possible shop local, organic, and buy what’s in season. Our farmers market on 32nd Street in Waverly is open year round. Check it out next Saturday!
So that’s my short, quick list for you. If you have any more green ideas please share them and leave a comment below!